Wednesday, August 19, 2009


If anyone is interested in going to Disneyland, it seems my son is eager to help out with monetary donations! Shannon got a phone call from the principal at school on Tuesday. He told Shannon that a mom had found over $100 in her daughter's backpack and that the daughter said Austin had given her the money so that they could go to Disneyland! So here we are as parents wondering how to handle this situation in the most productive way. First of all, we recognize that he needs to be punished for taking the money and then how do you react to a child who has a big heart and just wants to see his friend get to Disneyland? Thanks to the mother, of course, for being honest and returning the money. We are dealing with the punishment. We are also thankful for good kids. Hopefully we will ALL learn from this!

3 comments:

cathy said...

Wow - $100? I'm impressed! I'm not sure what I'd do. One one hand it's kinda cute. On the other, well, it's a little scary! I'm glad you found the money!

Rigby Fam said...

We really want to go to Disneyland but I promise I wont tell you kids so they aren't tempted to donate...

Mommason Hillary said...

THERE YOU ARE! BEING A GREAT MOM AND RAISING HONEST, SWEET KIND CHILDREN! I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!