Saturday, May 10, 2008


here's a couple of recent conversations with my youngest son, Brandon, who is 2 1/2.
"Brandon, its time for bed!"
"no mom, I don't wanna go to bed!"
"sorry buddy, but its late and you need to get to sleep."
"mom, I can't see. and my eyes hurt!"
"what's wrong with your eyes?"
"look! (brandon bats his eyes real fast) see? I can't close my eyes!"
"brandon, goodnight!"

next night:
"Brandon, time for bed!"
"mom, I don't wanna go to bed!"
"too bad, its night time and time for bed."
"mom, I can't see. It's too dark."
"Brandon, that's because it gets dark at night."
"mom, I can't see in the dark. I think I need glasses!"

Recently I drove through "Wendy's" for the kids. I got the food, placed it on the seat next to me and started driving home. Brandon starts in on me.
"Mom, can I have my Sprite?"
"No, Brandon, we are almost home, you can just wait a few minutes and we'll eat at home"
"mom, duh, you don't EAT Sprite!!!"

Too bad he's such a pill! He might just be the death of me yet! I guess that's where the red hair comes in huh?


2 comments:

Haley said...

It blows me away that Brandon is having full conversations. I swear I haven't been gone that long!

Gretchen said...

Didn't we always say we were smarted than our moms. See our childhood always comes back to haunt us.