Thursday, January 28, 2010


I am such a proud mom. Alyson, who is 10 and in the 5th grade, WON her school spelling bee on Tuesday, January 26th! What an amazing daughter I have! I am so proud of her. She has more confidence in her little finger than my whole body could ever dream of having. She stood at the microphone with such calmness and I am so excited that she won! She beat 26 fifth and sixth graders to win the school bee. Now she will move on to the regional competition in March. The winning word? Anticoagulant. Dr. Wendy and Dr. Jenn would be so proud. I sat with her one day before the spelling bee and had her look up the words on dictionary.com that she did not know. Anticoagulant was one of them. We talked about that word in depth because of my experience in interpreting in the medical field and Alyson was able to understand the definition and memorize the spelling! She is such a smart girl. I am so lucky to be her mom and was filled with emotion as she finished her final word to win the whole spelling bee. Her brothers, dad, my parents, sister-in-law, and 2 cousins were all there supporting her 100%. Great job Alyson!!! I love you more than words can ever express. Thanks for being an amazing daughter and fantastic speller!!!

3 comments:

Kimm said...

YAY!! That is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Jill That is a very big accomplishment!
I love how you had gone over the word!
Tell her congratulations!

Your kids are growing so fast!
5th grade ..wow!

I hope you don't mind me bragging her up a little..

Love ya!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful accomplishment! I told my daughter about it and she was even impressed. Way to go!